At any given time, the business office is probably processing at least one insurance audit. This is in addition to the RAC audits that recently came onto the scene. Insurance Audit Requests require staff to follow them through to completion, pull and copy medical records, and respond to issues the insurance carrier wants to use to deny the claim. This same staff could use their time to work current claims or to work collections – instead, they are tied up defending a claim they already processed. An automated workflow can turn this around, save time, and help generate more revenue.
FormFast Enterprise Workflow enables Insurance Audit Requests to be handled and managed with great ease. Features of this automated workflow include:
- Automated routing of the records request to all departments that need to be involved
- Ability to scan the medical records into the workflow so all departments can share the information online. These records can be burned to a DVD in minutes for submission to the insurance company.
- Any challenge to a requested claim is made, the challenge can be routed to all the necessary departments to quickly document a successful response.
- Automatic routing ensures Insurance Audit Request policies are enforced and followed
- The workflow’s audit trail adds accountability
- Email notifications for each step of the workflow process help keep the request on track.
- Dashboard view enables a quick glance and oversight to the Insurance Audit Request process
- Unprecedented report features enable financial impact reporting as well as proactive audit venerability reporting
The FormFast Insurance Audit Request Workflow drives the following benefits:
- Greatly enhances the Insurance Audit Request internal process
- Ensures Insurance Audit Request are handled on a timely and efficient basis
- Saves money from Insurance Audit Request losses
- Helps reallocate staff to revenue gathering processes
- Reporting capabilities can help your hospital predict future insurance audit issues and help prevent future losses