Whether it is a box of markers or medical supplies for the nursing floor, every hospital has a request and approval process to get the necessary supplies from Materials Management. Oftentimes this is a paper form that gets filled out in triplicate and routed via internal mail – slowly crawling its way through the process. Purchase Requisition automated workflows greatly accelerate this process and add a level of accountability that otherwise could not be achieved.
FormFast Enterprise Workflow enables every department in the hospital to submit online Purchase Requisitions that flow through to the appropriate personnel for approval and then on to Materials Management for order fulfillment. Features of this automated workflow include:
- Automatic routing based on total dollar value of requisition • Ability to add scanned attachments to the workflow, such as:
- Quotes from vendors
- Specification sheets
- Other approval forms – e.g., committee minutes, etc.
- Automatic routing ensures purchasing policies are enforced and followed
- The workflow’s audit trail adds accountability
- Email notifications for each step of the workflow process keep the requester informed about the requisition’s progress
The FormFast Purchase Requisition Workflow drives the following benefits:
- Greatly speeds up the Purchase Requisition process
- Provides convenience for the administrators in the process
- Enhanced compliance with hospitals’ purchasing policies, since the workflow rules can be easily customized around your organization’s policies
- Increased process efficiency
- Robust reporting options
- Reduced turn-around time for requisition approval and fulfillment