Electronic Form Design
Problems with Paper-based Processes
While hospitals have made strides to improve the efficiency of their organization, many processes are still managed using antiquated paper forms. Therefore these processes are slow, error-prone, and prevent data from being actionable as it’s static on the paper form.
Hospital Form Design Made Easy
These eForms can receive data from other systems like the EHR, pre-populating them in fields or digital imprinting the information on the form image. This maintains the integrity of the clinical data and reduces redundancy.
FormFast forms also features fillable fields for collecting data discretely. This information can be used to populate dashboards and reports, drive logic-based workflow routing, and can be shared with other systems electronically.
Whether the hospital has an existing form to manage a process or not, FormFast makes it simple for hospitals to design electronic forms. If a paper form exists, FormFast scan import it into the Form Designer tool, which uses OCR (optical character recognition) to convert the static form into a text-editable, fillable electronic form in moment.
If there is no existing paper form, users can quickly create an electronic form from scratch using Form Designer. Fields, text boxes, images, tables, lines, and more can be defined quickly in Form Designer’s intuitive visual interface.
Features of FormFast’s electronic form design tools include:
- OCR to convert paper forms or static electronic formats in FormFast eForms in moments
- Intuitive Form Designer tool to quickly create and edit electronic forms
- Designer Toolkit feature to store and apply commonly used assets such as organization logos, graphics, archiving templates, or even entire form templates to an electronic form
- Visual data mapping tools to drag and drop data elements on a form image
- Prefill via HIS integration through ADT feeds, HL7 messages, and other print stream data
- Fillable fields for discrete data capture
- Direct electronic submission of documents to the EMR
- COLD Feed Support
Hospitals value FormFast eForms as they can be stored in a central electronic forms repository and generated on demand. They like the control that FormFast offers, allowing them to standardize all forms with templates and makes changes as needed, eliminating obsolescence. They also appreciate the discrete data that FormFast eForm collect. By using this information, insights can be discovered on issues with patient safety, quality and revenue loss and corrected to improve outcomes.
Other benefits of FormFast’s electronic forms include:
- Electronic forms are digitally imprinted with unique document and patient information for proper archiving and patient identification
- Elimination of cost associated with pre-printed paper forms including printing, management, storage, and waste expeneses
- Decreased risk due to the elimination of outdated forms – only the current forms are able in FormFast’s eForms repository
- Improved standardization of form appearance across the enterprise