FormFast Contributes to Classroom Projects Across the Nation Through DonorsChoose.org Foundation
Through an opportunity created through a HIStalk-sponsored CIO Luncheon Event at HIMSS 2016 in Las Vegas, FormFast donated to a number of classrooms in need across the country through the wonderful organization, DonorsChoose.org. Through the donation, FormFast got pick a number of classroom projects they wanted to support. As you can see in the list below, these classroom additions and enhancement included educational games, iPads, a sound system, books, and more.
- iPad Minis, math manipulatives, and write and wipe boards for a K-2 class in Lake Charles, LA.
- Two Kindle Fires for small group math exercises in a Grades 5-6 class in New York, NY
- A STEM bundle for a Grade 4-5 class in Glasford, IL.
- A STEM bundle for a Grade 2-3 class in Knoxville, TN.
- Electronics kits for STEM lessons for Grade 6-8 intellectually disabled and autistic students in New York, NY.
- Wireless math manipulatives for a Grades 6-8 class in Shreveport, LA.
- A STEM bundle for a Grade 5 class in Little Falls, MN.
- Math games for an 8th grade class in Niagara Falls, NY.
For more details on these FormFast-sponsored projects, click here.
DonorsChoose.org’s mission is to make it easy for anyone to help classroom in need, moving us closer to a nation where students in every community have the tools and experiences they need for a great education. In 2000, Charles Best, a teacher at a Bronx public high school, wanted his students to read Little House on the Prairie. As he was making photocopies of the one book he could procure, Charles thought about all the money he and his colleagues were spending on books, art supplies, and other materials. And he figured there were people out there who’d want to help — if they could see where their money was going. Charles sketched out a website where teachers could post classroom project requests, and donors could choose the ones they wanted to support. His colleagues posted the first 11 requests. Then it spread. Today, the organization is open to every public school in America. See the image below for an overview of the impact the organization has made.
If you would like to learn more about DonorsChoose.org or would like to get involved, click here.